The Belmont Albion Lodge No. 45 History
Established in 1993
The Albion Lodge No. 2003 was formed in 1883 in Devonport and consecrated on the roll of the English Constitution.
Following the establishment of the Grand Lodge Of New Zealand in 1890 the Lodge joined the New Zealand Constitution and became The Albion Lodge No. 45. It surendered its charter after 110 years, in 1993.
The Belmont Lodge No. 335 NZC was consecrated in 1948, also in Devonport, its charter being surrendered after 45 years, in 1993. The Belmont Albion Lodge No.45 NZC was established in 1993, taking the number vacated by the old Albion Lodge.
The first Lodge Installation in the North Shore Masonic Centre building was in April 2005. It was the installation of the Master, W. Bro Len Tippett. The Lodge had relocated to the new Masonic Building in Albany, which was dedicated by the then Grand Master MW Bro. David Mace shortly before the installation of Belmont Albion's new Master.
The cul-de-sac leading to the North Shore Masonic Centre also has a link with The Belmont Albion Lodge No.45, as it is named after a Past Master of the Lodge, the late William 'Bill' Laurie.